Sometimes all you need is some hard-boiled eggs and some seasoning, and you have yourself an awesome lunch or snack dish. Like this Turmeric Egg Salad!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon or estragon mustard
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ground curcuma
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a medium-small pot with water to boil. As soon as the water is boiling, take it off the flame and carefully place the eggs inside. Place it on medium-small heat again and let the eggs boil for 10-12 minutes.
- When the eggs are cooked, drain them and either place them in a bowl with ice-water or cool them under cool running water. Let them cool completely.
- In the meantime place the sour cream, mustard, curcuma and salt in a small bowl. Carefully mix to combine. Chop the onions and chives and set them aside.
- Peal the eggs and cut them into halves, length-wide. Take out the egg yolk with a small spoon and smash them into a paste in a small bowl. Add the sour cream and stir to combine.
- Cut the egg white into small cubes and add to the sour cream, together with the apple cider vinegar, onions and the chives. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and fresh pepper to your liking.
- Tip: You can boil the eggs up to 1 week in advance and store them in the fridge until you need them. Or you use leftover hard-boiled eggs.
- Keep the egg salad in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you use chives, the egg salad will turn more liquid after 3-4 hours.