A better & healthier version of your favorite store-bought chocolate granola. Sweet scents of orange & cinnamon make this gluten-free granola irresistible. A crunchy chocolate breakfast perfect for the whole family!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 35m
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Zest of 2 organic oranges
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple sirup or honey
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, from approx. 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 320° Fahrenheit. Prepare a clean baking sheet (If you want you can use a re-usable baking paper, but it's not necessary).
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl, chop nuts before adding. Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour wet ingredients over dry ones and mix through, until everything's evenly coated.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto your baking tray and press down with the help of a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the baking tray and flipping the granola half way through.
- Once baked, let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Will keep about 1 months at room temperature