Spring comes with a lot of fresh vibes & lots of greens! If you’re like me, craving some fresh spring style pasta, that can be thrown together in less than 15 minutes, this recipe is perfect for you. Take the time you would usually spend on making dinner to recharge and soak up all those fresh spring vibes.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- Serves: 4 people
- 1 pound good-quality dry pasta (ie. Fussilli), about 9 cups
- 2 small zucchinis, about 600g or 4 cups sliced
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach or about 2 big handful
- 1 1/3 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 organic, unwaxed lemon, zest & juice
- 1 small hand fresh mint
- kosher salt & fresh black pepper
- Fill a medium-tall pot with water, cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Wash and slice the zucchinis into 3-5mm thick half-moons. Wash spinach and set aside. Wash mint and cut into thin stripes.
- In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons olive oil with the ricotta, half of the mint, half of the lemon zest, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and a good helping of fresh black pepper. Set aside.
- When the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and add the pasta to the pot. Give it a good stir and make sure your stove is on full power to get the water boiling again as soon as possible. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a big pan over high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, the peas 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, the remaining mint and lemon zest. After 3-4 minutes add the sliced zucchini and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the zucchinis start browning.
- Check the pasta is al dente (which means having a little bit of bite left), at least 1 minute before it's approximate cooking time mentioned on the package. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and drain pasta in a sieve. Give it a good shake. Add pasta to your pan (or if this is too small, add pasta back into the empty pot and pour peas and zucchinis over it). Add 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid to the ricotta and give it a good stir. Add sauce to the pasta and stir through. Season to your liking with salt and pepper and add some more cooking liquid if it looks too dry. Add the fresh spinach and toss through. Serve immediately.