Looking for a fresh spring salad that bursts full of flavor? This Strawberry & Asparagus Salad is exactly what you’re looking for. Light, fresh, with a touch of sweetness & slight tang. Perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3m
- Total Time: 13m
- Serves: 2 people
- Yield: 2-4 portions
- 4 cups mixed leafy salad (150g)
- 1 cup strawberries (200g)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 bunch green asparagus (250g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- flaky sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- optional: walnuts and/or shaved parmesan
- 1 organic orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt & fresh pepper to your liking
Balsamic Orange Dressing
- To prepare the salad dressing add zest of 1/2 orange, 1 tbsp orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt & fresh black pepper to a small to medium sized glas jar. Screw on the lid tightly & shake for 15 seconds until well combined. Set aside.
- Wash & dry your salad & set aside. Wash the strawberries & cut into halves or quarters depending on their size. Peel the avocado, remove pit & slice. Wash asparagus & remove the woody root ends, if necessary.
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Once hot add asparagus & olive oil to the pan & charr for 2-3 minutes. Remove asparagus from the heat & sprinkle with some flaky sea salt & fresh black pepper.
- To assemble your salad, divide greens onto 2-4 plates (depending whether you eat it as a main dish, a side or a starter). Top with the strawberries & sliced avocado, as well as shavings of parmesan and/or walnuts (if using). Lastly top with charred asparagus, pour the prepared dressing over the salad & enjoy immediately.