10-minute, 1-bowl, vegan, sugarfree banana bread recipe! This chewy, spiced banana bread is made with olive oil, walnuts and dried fruit. You’ll love it!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Total Time: 1h
- 3 tablespoons chia, plus ½ cup water to make chia eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very-ripe bananas, about 3-5
- 3/4 cup almond or oat milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup raisins or other dates if you don't like raisins
- 2/3 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit or 175° Celsius. Slightly oil the sides and bottom of a loaf cake tin or line with parchment paper. Set aside
- Add chia and 1/2 cup water to a small bowl, stir to combine and set aside for 3 minutes.
- If using a blender or food processor add bananas, milk, olive oil, water and vanilla to your blender jar and blend until smooth. Add dry ingredients (excluding raisins and walnuts) and prepared chia and blend on low for 15-20 seconds or until combined. Add raisins and chopped nuts and stir through using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Transfer cake mixture to the prepared loaf tin and top with a sliced banana, some additional nuts or cacao nibs. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a cake picker comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before cutting. Enjoy as it is or topped with homemade nut butter or jam.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature. Cut and freeze if you want to store it for longer and defrost or toast individual pieces in a toaster.