You love porridge but you like to mix things up for a change? Then this easy savory porridge is perfect for you – it’s hearty, versatile & above all delicious!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) quick oats (i.e. Feinblatt)
- 375 millilitres (1 1/2 cups) water
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herbs like oregano, thyme or rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon (smoked) paprika powder
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 handful of greens, like baby spinach, rocket salad or kale
- 1 tomato or 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons avocado or hummus
- 1 tablespoon seeds, like sesame, sunflower or pumpkin
- olive oil, extra-virgine
- boiled, fried or poached egg and/or crumbly feta (optional)
- Add oats, water and a pinch of salt to a small pan. Let sit for 5 minutes or until you've prepped your egg for topping (optional) or made your cup of tea/coffee
- Slowly bring oats to a simmer over medium heat, stirring once in a while. When oats begin to simmer cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Take oats off the stove and add seasoning.
- Serve immediately with fresh greens, (charred) tomatoes or grilled veggies, a dollop of hummus or avocado. Drizzle with sedds, olive-oil and place egg and/or feta on top (if using).