Who doesn’t love pancakes? These are made with my favourite flour – Einkorn – which gives them a nice nutty taste and makes them a great alternative to regular pancakes!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- 2 cups Einkorn flour (or whole spelt flour) (2 cups)
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 375 millilitres (1 1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter (+ more for greasing the pan)
- zest of 1 organic lemon (optional)
- Place dry ingredients in a medium bowl and make a little well in the centre. Whisk eggs and pour them into the well, together with the buttermilk.
- Melt butter in the non-stick pan you'll use to bake your pancakes and add to the batter. Add lemon zest, if using.
- Stir batter through with a wooden spoon or spatula. Mix until combined but don't overmix. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and wait for it to be hot. Lightly grease the pan and spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet. Cook for a minute or two, until small bubbles appear on the surface. Then flip and cook for another minute, until cooked through. Keep warm until serving.
- Serve with maple sirup, homemade jam & fresh fruit. Enjoy!