The sweetness of the garden-ripe heirloom & cherry tomatoes. The lovely, cool freshness of diced watermelon. A tangy mustard-lemon-olive dressing and lots of fresh mint. All of this combined probably makes for one of the easiest, yet most addicting salad combinations ever. Summer on a plate!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
For the salad
- 3 cups fresh watermelon, diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 cups heirloom or cherry tomatoes, halved or cut into cubes
- 1 cup diced garden cucumber, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup black or kalamata olives
- 200 grams feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, approx. 2 lemons
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 teaspoon estragon or dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 handful fresh mint, washed & chopped
- Arrange chopped watermelon, vegetables, feta and olives in a medium bowl or on a big plate.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small glass jar and shake until homogeneous. Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Sprinkle chopped mint over the salad and finish with some ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.