Looking for an alternative to your usual chickpea hummus? This fresh & easy green pea hummus with mint is just that! Lighter, vibrant & with lots of spring flavour!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 cups frozen or fresh peas
- 8 -10 big mint leaves, about 1 heaped tablespoon chopped
- 1 garlic clove, skin-removed
- juice & zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- Place a medium saucepan, filled 2/3 with water on the stove. Bring to a boil.
- Add the peas to the water and blanch for 3-4 minutes, making sure not to overcook them. Drain immediately and place in a bowl with ice water for 2 minutes or rinse under cool, running water.
- Add the peas, together with all other ingredients, to a blender or a high mixing glass if using a handheld blender, and blend on medium for 2-3 minutes. Blend for longer if you want a smoother dip.
- Enjoy with some crackers, on a piece of toast or in your lunch sandwich or Buddha bowl.