Spring is finally here when the woods start smelling like garlic and green leaves start peaking through the soil. Perfect time to take a walk through nature while foraging one delicate wild garlic leaf after another until you have enough to make this delicous pesto. Perfect to dress up a simple salad or sandwich, add to your creamy soup or drizzle over a delicous risotto.
- 50 grams wild garlic leaves
- 40 grams walnuts
- 125 millilitres olive oil, extra-virgin
- zest & juice of 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes. Season with more salt if needed.
- Transfer to 2-3 small glass jars and top off with more olive oil. Store in the fridge for up to 3 months.