Having dinner on the table has never been so easy. Feta & green asparagus roasted in the oven with fresh oregano, garlic, lemon & chili. Mixed with al-dente cooked pasta & you’re ready to enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 25m
- 300 grams green asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1/2 dried
- 2 small red chilies or 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 60 millilitres extra-virgin olive oil & more for serving
- 200 grams feta
- 1 organic lemon
- 300 grams good quality dried pasta (i.e. penne, fusilli, casarecce or any other kind you like)
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 220° Celsius. Fill a medium high pot with water, put a lid on & bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, wash asparagus & cut or break off the woody ends (about 1-2 cm). Cut into bite-size pieces and place in a baking dish.
- Crush garlic cloves with the back of a knife. Wash oregano & rip into small pieces. Wash chilies (if using fresh) & cut into halves. Add garlic, oregano, chili & olive oil to the asparagus & mix through.
- Add feta in the middle of the baking dish. Zest 1/2 of the lemon & cut into slices (reserving the other half for later). Add to the baking dish.
- Bake feta at 220° for 15-20 minutes, or until the feta is lightly browned and soft.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salty water according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup (250ml) of the cooking water before draining.
- Once the feta is baked, add half of the reserved cooking water & break up feta. Make sure you do so while the feta is still hot, as it will start to harden again when cooling down. Add zest & juice of the remaining half lemon & more water if needed.
- Stir in the cooked pasta & season with salt & pepper to your liking. Add more fresh oregano & fresh basil if you want. Drizzle with olive oil & serve immediately.
- Serve with a fresh green salad on the side & enjoy!