Warm, juicy cherries with a hint of cardamom topped with crispy oat crumble. Best enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on a hot summer’s day.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- 1 kilogram cherries
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 organic orange
- 75 grams vegan butter
- 75 grams rolled oats
- 50 grams buckwheat flour
- 35 grams coconut sugar
- vanilla ice-cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C & prepare a 20cm baking dish.
- Wash & remove the pips from the cherries. Cut in half & put into the prepared baking dish. Open the cardamom pods & add seeds to the cherries. Add orange zest & juice & stir through.
- Cut butter into cubes & place in a medium bowl. Add oats, flour & sugar. Work dry ingredients into the butter with your hands until you have a crumbly consistency & all big butter pieces are broken up.
- Spread crumble dough over the cherries & place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy straight from the oven or lukewarm. Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- Note: if you're unsure whether you like cardamom you can always start by using just one pod or omit it altogether. Note: Keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.