These super simple Cinnamon Blueberry Crumb Bars are the perfect summer bake. They come together in less than 15mins & are bursting with flavour. Simple enough to eat as a quick cookie-like snack, yet they can also be served lukewarm with a scoop of ice-cream or like a cake with freshly whipped up cream.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 40m
- 250 grams butter, room-temperature
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 375 grams flour
- 125 grams oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for serving
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- zest & juice of 1/2 lemon
- 500 grams fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- Preheat oven to 175° Celsius. Line a 10x20cm or 15x15cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Cream the butter with a mixer for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add the sugar & keep mixing until creamy. Add 250g flour & mix to incorporate.
- Divide the batter into 2 portions. Add oats & cinnamon to one portion of dough & incorporate using your hands until you have a crumbly consistency. Set aside in the fridge.
- Add remaining 125g flour to the other portion & keep mixing while you add the egg, salt & lemon zest. Press dough into the prepared baking dish & spread it out as evenly as possible using a spatula or your fingers.
- Toss blueberries with cornstarch & lemon juice & pour over the prepared dough. Add crumble mixture & bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy & golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into bars. The bars will keep well in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy with an additional dusting of cinnamon, whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.