The recipe for this flowery sirup has been in my family for generations. Foraging for Elderflowers is one of the most uplifting and grounding things you can do.
- Prep Time: 24h
- 15 big Elderflower clusters
- 2 organic lemons
- 1 organic orange
- 2 1/2 litres water
- 2 kilograms white granulated sugar
- Harvest the Elderflower clusters fresh from a bush on a sunny day. Make sure they have just blossomed. Cut them about 10-15cm below the flowers, without any leaves.
- Slice the lemons and orange and add to the Elderflowers.
- Bring water to a boil and let cool off. Stir in the sugar and make sure it's completely dissolved.
- Once the water has cooled down to room-temperature pour over the Elderflowers. Stir through and cover with a lid. Let sit at room-temperature for 24 hours.
- Sterilize bottles with screw-on-lids with boiling water or in the oven. Pour sirup into the bottles and screw on lid thoroughly. Store in a cool, dry place.