Imagine sun-ripened tomatoes and roasted red bell peppers blended into a garlicky, creamy soup! It’s so simple, yet so delicious!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- 1 kilogram ripe tomatoes
- 400 grams red bell pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 chilli (optional)
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Wash and cut tomatoes into 3cm cubes. Place in a casserole dish and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and the oregano leaves.
- Wash, deseed and cut bell peppers and chilli (if using) into 2cm pieces. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper (reusable is best) in one even layer and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Cut garlic bulb into half and place halves cut side down on the baking tray.
- Place baking tray in the oven and casserole dish underneath. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the bell pepper is lightly charred.
- Place tomatoes and paprika in a high speed blender or use a tall pot if using an immersion blender. Carefully squeeze the soft garlic cloves into the blender (start by using 1/2 of the bulb - add more to your liking). Blend soup until smooth and creamy. Add water to thin soup if you prefer a less creamy consistency. While mixing add apple cider vinegar, salt and the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, herbs or a homemade pesto.