Crispy bread, creamy whipped feta & garlicky grilled zucchini – an easy light starter or snack.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 14m
- 1 medium or 2 small zucchini
- 125 grams feta
- 4 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- kosher salt & black pepper
- 1 small baguette or sandwich bread
- 1 small handfull microgreens (optional)
- Wash zucchini & cut into 2mm rounds or stripes.
- Place a grill pan over high heat. Once the pan is hot start grilling the zucchini slices in batches, 1-2 mins on each side.
- Put grilled zucchini slices into a heat-proof bowl, add 2tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper & the garlic, cut into slices. Gently stir through, cover with a lid & let sit until ready to use. Grilled zucchinis can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Meanwhile prepare the whipped feta. Crumble feta into a food processor or mixer, add greek yoghurt & remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Season with black pepper & pulse on high until smooth. If the mixture gets too runny, place it in the fridge until solid again.
- Cut bread into 8-12 pieces. Grill bread, if you like, using a toaster or the grill function of your oven.
- Once ready to serve, spread 1/2 - 1 tbsp whipped feta onto each crostini & top with a couple of slices zucchini. Drizzle with remaining juice from the zucchinis & top with microgreens (if using) & black pepper.
- Enjoy immediately!