Overnight Chia Oats is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. All you need is 1 bowl, a spoon and a couple of minutes to whip it all together. This recipe is simple and straightforward and leaves lots of room for you to adapt it to your personal liking! The possibilities are sheer endless. Try it with (thawed) berries, grated apple, with different nut butter and different plant-based milk varieties. I especially like using greek yoghurt, because of it’s richness, but any kind of vegan yoghurt will work as well.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or any other plant-based milk of your liking
- 1 tablespoon maple sirup, honey or any other liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt or your favorite plant-based variety
- 4 tablespoons fruit jam, pureed fruit (from fresh or thawed fruit) or compote
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit (i.e. any type of berries, apples, peaches)
- 1 tablespoon peanut or any other nut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple sirup, honey, or other liquid sweetener
- In a bowl combine oats, chia, and a pinch of salt. Add water and almond milk and stir immediately to combine. Let sit for a couple of minutes (If you're making these in the morning or as a snack let chia sit for at least 15 minutes to expand completely before eating moving on with the recipe). Stir in maple sirup, vanilla (if using) and yoghurt and mix to combine.
- Prepare 2 medium glas jars with screw-on lid. Add 2 tbsp jam or pureed fruit or compote to the bottom of each jar. Divide the chia oats mixture into the glasses and top with your preferred toppings (i.e. nut butter, seeds, toasted nuts, and more sweetener). Screw on lid and store in the fridge overnight or for up to 3 days.